*~*PaRiS*~*

*~*PaRiS*~*

dimanche 2 décembre 2007

Primer domingo de Adviento

Today was the first Sunday of the month and the first Sunday of Advent. I woke up and the wind was howling and there was a pounding rain. I went to the Champs Élysées and bought a phone from FNAC. The walk back to the metro station was a challenge. My umbrella was no match for the wind. It was being turned upside, and the fabric was tearing...time for a new umbrella. I wore my faux leather boots and when I got home my toes were soaked!
At 15h00, I had a rd (rendez-vous) with the nuns. Our youth group got together and watched "Pay It Forward," it was a beautiful movie! Helen Hunt, Kevin Spacey, etc...a great cast. Then Sister Pilar asked me to read the Second Reading during mass. I have never done a reading in front of the entire congregation...not even in my own church back home. But I was über-excited and honored that she had asked me. So I went up the priest (very nice man) and asked him for the reading. He said, "here you go, read it over, and when you go up to read remember to read slowly." I sat at the pew tout seule and read, read, read...then I read it aloud to Sister Pilar and she helped through some of the pronunciation. She said I was ready! She was very encouraging!
I sat close to the altar and there was no one in my section! When the lady finished the Salmo Responsorial, I got up walked to the altar, bowed, and stepped onto the podium. I can't remember if I was reading too fast, or too low. I just remember crossing my hands, and having the words just flow out of my mouth. Not once did I look up, well only when I said "Palabra de Dios." I walked back to my seat and trembled...it was awesome!
After mass, our youth group met up, we talked about the movie, friendship, and family. We ate "merienda." We didn't finish until 21h30. ouch! We made plans for January to visit Versailles, eat la Gallette du Roi, and have a Christmas exchange. Nice company...:)

Aucun commentaire: