*~*PaRiS*~*

*~*PaRiS*~*

dimanche 9 décembre 2007

Dec. 7th Friday

After much consideration, I decided to watch Ratatouille. The movie was a lot more than I expected; it had humor, amour, and character. I really liked it and definitely recommend it. I had lunch at my school's CROUS resto. Loreto and I stood in a hideously long line to eat mediocre food. I had veggies, frites, fish, and some sort of mystery salad. For only 3 euros, what a deal! As we ate, we talked about, traveling, school, and our ambitious dream to do volunteer work in 3rd world countries...we'll see.
I headed to my Phonetics class. Paul (who's from Trin&Tobago) and Pio (who's from Spain) gave a presentation on France's immigration reforms. It's an awful law...that's all I have to say about that. The presentation launched a debate as to whether or not to limit, restrict, or forcefully remove all illegal immigrants! MY ASS!! I'm sorry it just makes me so mad to listen to all of these European students bash immigrants. Poor Paul wants to stay in France and can't because of immigration issues, and I know a few people here and the only way they can stay is by maintaining their student status. I hate it...I'm an immigrant and it's just not fair to treat hard working people like this, people who are contributing to your country, our country! It makes me upset! A french politician was quoted saying "La France ne peut pas soutenir la misère du monde!" food for thought... *injuste*

Aucun commentaire: