*~*PaRiS*~*

*~*PaRiS*~*

lundi 5 novembre 2007

Vivement Dimanche!

I have internet chez moi! and TV chez moi! It's a rêve! So amazing! My Gardienne let me borrow her TV (that means I didn't have to buy one!). This means: more Skype time, American French dubbed TV shows, more blogs, and more SSUpLoad. All in all it's a good deal. France Telecom told me I'd have to wait 10days to get it, but it only took 5days! Woohoo!

I saw a movie called, Les Coeurs des Hommes2, It was pretty good. It made me think, that all men like to cheat and will always get away with it. Not a very good thought, since I like the idea of monogamy but c'est dommage. All in all it was a good movie, but bad message.

Sunday:
I went to the Orsay today, for the third time in my vie (life). This time it was different, I got to see places that I had never seen before. I loved the Art Nouveau! Art nouveau is my favorite decorative art! I had some coffee in the lavish Tearoom with Lucia. We were kicked out at 5:30pm even though closing time is at 6pm.

Spanish Mass is at 6pm in my quartier with the nuns. It was 6:20pm when I got to my quartier. I stood at Place Victor Hugo debating with myself whether or not to go to mass. I decided I might as well, if I went home I’d probably just watch another Bollywood DVD or be on the internet. So I went and good thing to! I got there and Sister Pilar (she’s a 33yr. old nun, from Spain, speaks flawless French) greeted me at the door. Since it had been Toussaints (All Saints Day) we were celebrating the dead. She gave me the readings for the mass, a paper (so that I could write down the names of those who have passed away), and a tea candle (to light in their honor). I was just in time for the last reading and the Sermon. I sat down and was immediately at ease…Then they told us to go to the altar with our paper and our tea candle. There was a basket at the foot of the altar with the names of all of our loved ones who have died, and beside it there were rows and rows of tea candles lit in their honor. It was beautiful and I shed a tear. I always shed a tear when I think of my grandparents, I was very close to them…every time I go to church and they mention a prayer for dead I can’t help but get all choked up inside. It was beautiful. There was so much faith and love at that moment you could feel it in the air and it was as if they were there with us, embracing us, as we embraced their memory.*tear* I’m truly happy that I decided to go to mass…

As mass ended Sister Pilar asked me to stay for the Youth Group. I stayed. It was like being in the States. Most of the people that stayed were from Bolivia, Peru, that’s amazing (how can you manage to immigrate that far!). Some were already in their 30’s some youth group! LOL jk. There were two other girls studying abroad one from Mexico and the other from Spain. It was nice they were all nice. Most of them have just recently immigrated here and don’t speak French very well. There is a community French class being offered to them. It’s so funny in the US you get Spanish speaking immigrants taking English classes and here they’re still Spanish speaking immigrants except that their English is French! LOL It’s just crazy! I came here to learn French and I find myself in a Spanish mass, joining a Spanish youth group full of South American immigrants and Speaking a whole lotta SPANISH! LOL I like the sense of community and the Spanish but I’m here to learn French! Do I stray away from this community that has welcomed me with open arms, go to French mass, and join a French Youth Group? Or do I stay? Dilemma! My heart says stay, my head says go find Frenchies!

Aucun commentaire: