*~*PaRiS*~*

*~*PaRiS*~*

jeudi 22 novembre 2007

Determined. Nov. 21

(picture:MICEFA's Prethanksgiving soirée Nayomee and I)

I am determined to keep up this blog.

aujourd'hui.

Last night I was determined to go to sleep at a decent hour. I tried to sleep at 11pm and didn't end up falling asleep until 2:30am. I woke up and got ready to face the horrid metro. I left chez moi at 11h50m and got to Étoile at 12h00, I hopped on line 1 got off on Chatelet and walked to line 7. I waited for line 7 for 40min. I finally gave up hope and walked the 30min to my class. I had to cross the entire 5th arrondissement. The walk wasn't that bad. The weather was surprisingly really good. There was a crisp breeze and the sun was shining. I finally made it to class 30min late. I buzzed into the building and found out that my professor had canceled the class because only one student showed up. GREAT!
I was supposed to go shopping with my soeur, but then she canceled because she had fallen sick. The journey back home would be long and I had a soirée in this neighborhood later so I decided to stick around. I gave Elaine a call seeking company for lunch. Luckily, I caught her just as she was leaving her apartment. We went up the street and had a falafel. It was cheap and delicious. Then we kept walking to Jardins du Luxembourg. We sat in these lounge chairs and watched French toddlers chase pigeons.
I noticed someone waving to me. It was Janina a German student on Erasmus at my fac. We chat and made promises of hanging out. (It's weird how the city is so big and yet you still bump into people you know.) As she left I realized that I had lost my Paris map. Elaine and I walked to the Quartier Latin where I bought a new planner and a new map. We needed to kill time for the 19h MICEFA Pre-Thanksgiving soirée. We wandered into the Shakespeare Bookstore and then back chez her. As we walked to Café Universal, we stopped by the infamous Mayflower bar. I had a framboise. It was delicious. We got the Café and had good fun. I had a Mai Tai, it was my first Mai Tai. The presentation was trop mignon! It was garnished with a strawberry, slice of orange, and blue sugar. Everything a Mai Tai should be! By the time I finished it, I had a good strong buzz! Ça suffit! Well I have class in the morning and I will go this time so I better get some sleep! z...z...z...

Aucun commentaire: