*~*PaRiS*~*

*~*PaRiS*~*

jeudi 11 octobre 2007

Oct.9 th Mardi

Oct. 9th

I feel a lot better today! I woke up at 4am because my sister was a missin’ me and gave me a call at 7pm her time! No worries I really needed them at that point…So I talked to her, my mom, and my dad. I cried hysterically. We talked for an hour, which was the time it took for me to calm down. I took 3 Ibuprofen pills environ 600mg and knocked out…aahh*sigh.* Well time for class! This is my FLE (français langue étrangère: French as a foreign language) Français des affaires (French for Business) class. I was really worried I wouldn’t be able to take it because it’s a level 5 class and I’m only a level 3 L. Luckily and surprisingly, only 6 other people showed up! Yes! Now, the professor will have to take me! We have an interesting mix of people. We all gave little introductions. People in my class:

Almas, he’s Russian (he felt the need to say he was single while he was introducing himself…hehe). He’s from Kasan, Russia; the city is very close to Kazakhstan…hehe again. If you saw Borat then you know why I giggled. He’s doing his master’s in Business Administration. He’s really tall! He had huge hands too I wonder what that means lol just kidding.

Alma, she’s from southern Italy. She’s soft spoken so I didn’t catch what city she’s from. She goes to school in northern Italy in Milan oh la la. She’s funny she has a huge Italian accent when she speaks French. I wish I could imitate her Italian French accent, but I can’t. I love imitating people’s accents. It’s my hobby. She has really frizzy hair; it looks like Julia Robert’s hair in Pretty Woman, except Alma’s is black.

Jackson, he’s from Hong Kong. He’s a Linguistics major. He’s amusing to talk to. I don’t know why, but just listening to him makes me giggle hehehe. He’s always getting things right too! He was in my language prep class. I had to interview him in an improv exercise we did. He said that Asians have a tough time interacting with Europeans. I can see how both cultures are polar opposites.

Emery, she’s from China, but she goes to school in Hong Kong. She’s sweet. Very petit, very soft spoken, very giggly, overall she seems very nice.

Michael, he’s from Miami, Florida. He’s actually here through MICEFA too! What a small world. How strange that I haven’t already run into him at MICEFA. He’s a very tall guy. He has a Cuban American accent, or is it a Miami accent? I don’t know, but imagine Tony Montana…no that’s too strong of an accent. Oh never mind, I don’t know!

The last person is…Candice. She’s from Trinidad & Tobago. Yup, she’s from a teeny tiny island in the Caribbean (how very Pirates of the Caribbean of her!). She studies in New York. I don’t know too much about her she was sitting too far away. Oh her island nation (how cool, her island nation!) had been an English, French, and Spanish colony, before it gained independence. Jeez, talk about interracial relationships and war! Ouchie!

This class is going to be fun!

Work: Today I saw my chicklins, Luke and Marie. We learned colors, and how to ask: How are you? Comment-vas tu? Je vais bien. I am good. Je vais très bien. I am very good. Je vais comme-ci comme-ça. I am so-so. Je vais mal. I am bad. Je vais très mal. I am very bad. All of this was a breeze for Luke. But even by the end poor Marie was still in a bit of a struggle. Time for your bath! Our English lesson took too long. Poop! Five minute bath! They love their baths and hate to get out so soon. Luke was first. It’s funny the first few days I worked with them Luke would lock himself in the bathroom because he didn’t want me to see him nakey. But now he’s fine if I go in, of course he still hides his private parts. He says to me “eets my peRsonal part.” LOL I just laugh.

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

You write very well.