*~*PaRiS*~*

*~*PaRiS*~*

lundi 1 octobre 2007

New Home

festival at Champs de Mars


Inside my Tête Nègre (not so good)

my tête nègre



Hi Everyone!
Great news! I found a new home! It's a petit little studio. Very tiny, but it will be my home! I will make it Romina friendly! After looking at some scary gross studios, and some tough competition from other French students looking for housing, I finally found something! Surprisingly, I found this place from a small ad posted at my Fac (aka:my university). I have been checking ads their everyday this past week and alas...I have trouvéd my new home! Thank the Lord! I have been very stressed and worried about being homeless!
The owners are a French couple (they are senior citizens), they are very cute and always bickering...how sweet! Oh and I have a neighbor, she is a Chinese student. Our hall exudes the aroma of Chinese cuisine and music...I'm still debating on whether or not that is a good thing. ok enough about my new place.

Oh by the way, I was looking for a place on Craigslist and found a dream apartment...but in the end it turned out to be a scammer! Thanks to the Craigslist community for posting the warning! The scammer actually contacted me too! It was freaky...So for all of you out there using the internet Faites Attention! Beware!In other news today...My soeur and I went to the Champs de Mars today, where the Famillathlon was taking place (I understood it to be an all day festival for the family) There were lots of booths of local sports clubs including but not limited to TaiChi, Gymnastics, Archery, Cycling, Boxing, etc...In the middle of the park there was a huge stage where we saw the Gymnastic team perform, a group performing a form of martial art from Brazil, a Kung Fu, TaiChi, and Chinese boxing team. It was wonderful! Unlike in America where festivals are overflowing with Food stands, there were no food stands at this festival!...unfortunately I was starving :(
But there was one stand and we had pasta, tarts, and a chicken sandwich, yyuuummm
Après we went Chez ma soeur and had dinner followed by a dessert called "Tête Nègre" meaning Black head, it looked to be a delicious mound of chocolate, but in reality it was kinda gross...too bad...well tomorrow I start class, and sign my new rent contract, wish me luck! à bientôt!

2 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…

Hi Ro! I read Ur blog, Ur sooo funny. I couldn't understand everything and I don't have a French to English dictionary, so oh well. I laughed at the part about the lady with the hard nipples and the PDA. It sounds like Ur having a good time, all in all. Were U able to use the converters I gave U?? I hope so. Take care, and keep blogging!!

Romi a dit…

Julie! Jerk! Just kidding LOL
yup I did use them, thanks so much! But then my friend's blowdryer was going to explode so I had to buy a euro blowdryer anyway lol oh well. I'll translate the French I use from now on hehehe
The nipples were very funny you should've seen them...or maybe not ah! scary thought!