*~*PaRiS*~*

*~*PaRiS*~*

mercredi 10 octobre 2007

Oct. 6th Mes amis!

Oct. 6th

Saturday for me started at 2pm. Sad I know! I got up and did my laundry. Trust me, it was time. Laundry eats up all my afternoon. Woops! I missed shopping with my soeur! Not such a bad thing (remember the Parisian dress on Friday?). But I’m at my soeur’s for dinner. It was a dinner for four people: Elaine (fellow blogger), Lucia, my soeur, and I. For some odd reason my soeur’s power was out. She obviously couldn’t make dinner because her stove needed electricity! Thanks soeur, I didn’t eat anything because I was a expecting a huge dinner! jjeeezzz! J No worries, I’ll live.

*We were supposed to have pasta (again! I think I’ve eaten more pasta since I moved to Paris, than in my entire life. I heard on the movie “Knocked Up” that pasta is the poor man’s food. And I really didn’t believe that until now. Because I’m a poor student living in Paris and frequently eat pasta! Ah! Prophecies coming true! Merde!(shit!))

We eventually did have our pasta because my soeur’s neighbor Heidrun (she’s German) let us use her stove. Aw how sweet. However she left shortly after that and we had to have dinner by candlelight in my soeur’s place ooooooooo romantic LOL!

Liz made this candle holder for the candle that the guardian gave her hehehe what a consulation for not having electricity.

Dinner: Avocado salad. Brie & bread. Red wine 2006 Bordeaux (yum!). Pasta! Strawberry ice cream with grapes, and chocolate covered waffle chunks.

Après le diner (after dinner), it was time for la Nuit Blanche (apparently that means all nighter). It’s a night where metro line 14 runs all night and has expos at every stop. We only saw the second one which was at metro stop Madeline, at some église (church). We didn’t go in right away. Frist we went to Place de Concorde with Lily, Sara, Lucia, Elaine, and my soeur. Then we walked to the Jardins de Tuileries (gardens of Tuileries). Where there is this huge ferris wheel. It’s officially known as “La grande roué de Paris.”

In honor of Nuit Blanche rides on the ferris wheel were free all night! Woohoo! I’m terrified of heights. But just like I went up the Eiffel tower almost six years ago and just like a climb a 3 foot ladder from time to time, I got on this damn wheel. What the Fuck was I thinking! AHHHHH!!!!! Get me off now! Holy poop! It was the best and worst feeling I’ve ever felt! Like I was going to die but like I was looking at Heaven straight in the eye! It was gorgeous! By far the best view of Paris! There are no words! You have to go up and see it for yourself! I was scared stiff, but it was the most wonderful experience I’ve had here in Paris! We went around the wheel 3 times: for the first time I mostly kept my eyes closed, by the second time I was really feelin’ all the good vibes! I’m with my friends! I’m in Paris! I’m on top of Fucking Paris! It’s Nuit Blanche! This is amazing! I’M IN PARIS! Sucks to be my friends in San Jose!

Ok. After that enlightening experience. We all went to the gardens and watched the gardens burn. There was a giant chandelier on fire, hanging atop the gradens. Around 1:30am we realized we wouldn’t be able to catch the metro back home. But Sara and Lily decided they just might and headed home. Our decision:stay out and wait for the 5:30am metro! What the hey? You only have Nuit Blanche, once in a blue moon! Then the temperature plummeted and we warmed up at a café with a noisette (coffee with cream). We talked to kill time until the metro arose from its deep slumber. We talked about boys, culture, mine and Lucia’s identity crisis, languages, majors…ya know the works. The café was closing and we weren’t looking forward to the cold. But there was fire all around the gardens. So we parked our cold behinds next to a giant fire ball with a bunch of drunken tourists and drunken Parisians. It was cute. Security started kicking people out at 3am (what the heck it’s Nuit Blanche!) on our way out we ran into the girls (Morgan, Kathy, & Kristin). They join us and we continue walking. It is still freezing. We buy churros and share. By now my coffee has been digested and I need to pee! No luck. No toilettes anywhere! Merde!(shit!) Puta!(yes I know that’s a Spanish cuss word but apparently its big here too! Awesome!)

We decide to walk back the exhibit at the église (church). We go in and woooahhh! It’s like I’m tripping off E (not that I have ever done E) and my hallucination has come true. The church is completely dark. This makes me very sleepy. Weirdo music is playing. The kind that’s I dono creepy and yet soothing! There are people standing on these posts and carrying long (Luke Skywalker looking) blue poles. I see that these strange people are whispering into these poles and innocent civilians are listening to their lies! So I decided to try it out before I fell asleep and peed in my pants! I got up and waited for one of theses weirdoes to pick me. I listened to 3 different people: one spoke of love, one spoke of flowers, the other of rain. Yes, a very bizarre experience. I kept forgetting that I was in an église (church). I was just about to pass out into a deep sleep when my friends finally decided we should go home. By then it was 6am and I had been listening to the metro rumble below us for the pat half and hour. By the way I STILL HAD TO GO PEE! It was still dark out and my soeur and I found a free public toilette and I finally got the release I needed! We went back to her place and slept.


Aucun commentaire: