*~*PaRiS*~*

*~*PaRiS*~*

vendredi 19 octobre 2007

Dîner à la mexicaine or something like it LOL

So last night was my long awaited Mexican dinner.

It was fabulous!
Yesterday was the grève (strike) so i had to take a cab to their house. I was ready an hour before my departure time, but I didn't want to arrive too early so I waited until I thought it was appropriate. Well I ended up being late! The cab line was soo long and the traffic was even worse. My cab driver didn't really know where he was going and left me a block away from my destination. (not tip!). Well I arrived 20min late and started preparing! I made such a mess and the mum is a clean freak! Oh well no apologies. I used lots of oil and Tom was horrified LOL sorry it's the Mexican way! He was a huge help and so was the mum. The other dinner guests were two hours late! They took a cab from the 20th arrondissement and of course traffic! I was done with dinner 30min before the arrived. Final menu: Enchiladas verdes, frijoles negros refritos, ensalada de nopales, desert of crème fraîche (sour cream) with strawberries and bananas. Tom didn't really like the taste of tomates, which kind of made me sad. We didn't have dinner til about 9:30pm! It was cool! They brought wine and I had about 4-5 glasses. Of course chips and salsa. One of the guests was a 56yr old french man that does bruitage for films (sound effects), the other was a couple and their 2yr old son (the hubby is a composer and did the music for Les Poupés Russes! OMGosh! Unbelievable. his wife a writer and their son Alban soo cute!)
Here he is on Youtube:

This was amazing the whole night Jerome and Lauront spent arguing over the acquired ear and the natural ear! The discussion got very heated. It was your typical french dinner. After the main course they insisted on cheese & bread before desert. We paused for 45 min after dinner and Lauront taught Tom some piano stuff while I watched in amazement. After we proceeded to desert at about 10:30pm. Lauront made fun of Quebuecquois (i think) accents and we listened to he movie music and he told us about his job. It was so neat I learned so much! They were all so nice and said that my French was really good. And they like my food! I was so happy! It was the perfect French dinner. If I could recount the entire night I would! I'll add more later though I gotta go to class! Phonetics here I come!

Aucun commentaire: