*~*PaRiS*~*

*~*PaRiS*~*

jeudi 7 février 2008

Cocktails it is!

Off to a hurried start! I show up to my appointment with Rosalie (Resident Director of CSU students in France), we went over my schedule. I wasn't very organized, but we actually accomplished a lot. She gave me my grade for my French Business class. That class was way too early and I was always a minute or two late. I would fall asleep during classes and I would only skim the chapters, but my French in class was acceptable. All of this was confirmed by my professor in his evaluation of me. I got a 13 in the class aka a B but he also said I could have done better if I would have tried harder. Ouch! Hit me where it hurts! I knew I was slacking, but I didn't want him to know that. That means he knew I had it in me and I just let it go to waste...the truth hurts. :(
Arabic class was f'in awesome as always! My professor brought dates (non, merci) and we actually learned some useful vocabulary. Afterwards I headed to work to meet my class. I had scheduled a "Cocktails" class. I stood there in the dark courtyard looking for boys looking for me. LOL Soon a few dark shadows approached me. Yuppie! My class!
A few people were absent and that sucks, but a student I had met Sunday came and that was nice of him. The rest I had never met and we set off to Rue Mouffetard to the Student Bar where all cocktails were only 4,50euro. The waiter was very rude! But we sat around and made the most of it. Of course once the Alcohol hit everyone there was quite a bit of English being spoken. The time went by really quick and everyone was really nice. One guy was just a friend tagging along and he goes to my university...yeah he was hott! LOL Nice guy too!

I think I really like this job! I wouldn't mind being a professor...=) I hope I'm not speaking too soon...:(

My soeur and I studied some Arabic, we are so smitten with the language!

If anyone has suggestions on classes I can create for my Frenchie students please let me know! My creative juices can only go so far...
I need to create three classes:
1.Culture
2.Fun
3.Reading

Thanks!

Aucun commentaire: